Wednesday, January 19, 2011

8: The Meeting

They kept on defying the prince’s orders until a flamed arrow suddenly shot through the chaos. It went through one man’s chest. Silence came at once. The arrow flew from the gate of Mountain Kaz. All eyes were set upon the gate, even Prince Thom’s. There, standing firmly with paws armed with sharp claws, were the Mercilesste Bobo with his men.

“Hold!”, shouted Prince Thom to Bobo’s men.

“What reasons have you to attack us?!... Answer me!”

No answer was voiced back. Bobo’s men, people of the Araw were as still as stone at their stand. 
One of Bobo's men, armed with claws.

Those with their bows and arrows were pointing at the Meowens, ready to release their shots. After a while, Bobo finally walked towards the Meowens. He was then standing directly in front of the gate of Mountain Kaz.

“and what reasons have you, Prince Thom, for such an assemble here, at this forbidden place?”, asked the Mercilesste sarcastically.

Without any fear, the prince replied, “Such concern does not matter to you, stranger”.

“Why… it is indeed a matter of mine, my Lord. You see, I have given my words of honor to protect this place from the Meowens. and I am a mimiao of my words, dear prince.”

“I will not have you stop my men from entering Mountain Kaz. My reason does not lies in you, stranger. I do not seek you. I seek only the Mercilesste.”

“Bless the Lioneds, for I am the one that you seek”, answered Bobo with a firm face. 
The anger in Prince Thom was suddenly gone. He was quite shocked. Standing in front was the Mercilesste, the mimiao that is ordered to be captured and killed by King Bobeus. For a moment, Thom was without purrs. The time to finally decide had come.
Face to face, Prince Thom against The Mercilesste


Ignoring the prince’s silence, Bobo opened the gate and walked towards Thom.
“Beyond this gate, lies the Lioneds. They have been guarding this mountain for many years. If you value your life and your Meowens’, my Lord, turn back and never to return.”

The prince was beginning to speak out when Bobo interrupted and purred again.
“Since I am here now, there is no concern for you anymore, for going through this gate. Tell your men to move back.”

“No, Bobo. My men shall stay. Orders have been made, concerning you.”

“Ordered by the damned, old Bobeus, is it not? I am aware of that, young prince. And to bow and surrender to him, I will never!”

The Mercilesste roared loudly that the Coal armies shivered out of fear. Then waves of roars from Bobo’s men were heard. Many stories were told and told again, but never had the prince believed them. The strength of the mimiaos of Araw was indeed powerful. Thom was overwhelmed by the force he felt from their presence. It was unlike any other. And he knew at once what his next move would be. A decision had been made.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment