Saturday, November 20, 2010

6: A Promise Made


... 

The visitor was actually Bobo’s cousin, Seron. He lived in the upper north of Mountain Kaz. 

A community of peace-keepers was built on top of the mountain. The place was called Kazzin. It was a place like no other, a beautiful and wondrous one. For someone to find answers, Kazzin was the perfect destination. The community welcomed everyone, especially those who originated from the peace-keepers line.

Seron was one of the rulers of Kazzin. 

His father was the leader among all and Seron was ordered to meet with Bobo. A matter of utmost importance must be informed urgently to him. Seron, after excusing his 9 other men to wait outside, of course with the permission of the Mercilesste, explained to him about the reason of his sudden visit. Few nights ago, one of the watchers of Kazzin noticed a camp site not far from the Mount Kaz’s entrance. The flag of Meowen was seen at the camp. The watcher then reported the news back to home. Seron’s father and other respective leaders were concerned about it. For many years, no Meowens had ever come this close to the mountain. The place was fully guarded by the Lioneds.

Bobo said nothing.

“Aren’t you going to say anything, Bobo?”

“What will you want me to say, dear cousin?”

“My God, Bobo! The Meowens will try to attempt in entering the mountain. You know what will happen next.”

“The Lioneds are there to defend it, Seron. Of all Mimiaos, you are the last one that I would think to be this worried about such things.”

“You gave them your word, Bobo. You have sworn that no mortals would cross their gate and enter their path.”

“Then, so be it! The Meowens were the ones who betrayed them. They betrayed their leadership by killing them all. Have you forgotten about that?!”

“and have you forgotten that it was Bobeus who betrayed the Lioneds? His people, the armies, they know nothing. They are just mere puppets and slaves that the king uses to fulfill his wishes. His armies are innocent, Bobo.”

“As long as they serve that filthy king, they will never be innocent.”

“Bobo, listen to me carefully. The promise you made with the Lioneds holds the key to Bobeus’s fall. The Lioneds will serve you in the future. They will help you find your family back, you know that.”

Seron’s last words made Bobo turned his gaze away. Marid, still standing at the corner, saw that Bobo had tears in his eyes. He knew his burdens, the pain that Bobo had to bear for so many years. Marid did not try to utter anything because he knew that all was depended on Bobo’s words. The decision was in his paw.
“Alright. Alright, Seron.”

“Thank you. Mmm… There is one more thing that you need to know, Bobo.”
“What is it?”

“My watcher, he told me that they are after you. Bobeus wants you dead.”
“and I trust that he ordered his Prince Thom to do the work for him?”
“I believe so, Bobo.”
They did not continue to converse anymore about the matter. Bobo urged his men to be ready to go to Kazzin. A war was about to begin and a promise made was about to fulfill its destiny.
*

It was cold and dark. No burning torch was seen, not even the sun could brighten Nawid in daylight. King Bobeus was walking along a path somewhere in the jungle of Nawid. Ganka followed him closely behind. The king had in his paws, a wand made of pure black diamond. 

Few incantations from the king and the wand shined, so brightly that the whole path they were taking can be seen so clearly.

Moments later, they reached a somewhat lawn of an abandoned fort next to it. The fort looked like it had been left for centuries. The blocks were crumbling down. Ganka almost had himself crushed by one when he accidentally pushed the pole at one of the corners of the fort.

“Consider yourself as fortunate, Ganka.”
“Yes, my Lord.”

The king went in first, into the old fort. The main door of it was, surprisingly new. It looked as if it was not in the same term with the rest of the fort, as if it was replaced and guarded by something. The king muttered another spell and the door opened by itself.
“How long has it been, Ganka?”

“Quite a while, my Lord. My men guarded this place with full caution. Nothing and no one came to here.”

“Good. Bring her to me, then.”

“My Lord”, bowed Ganka respectfully. Then, he vanished into a room. After a while, he returned. Behind him were two guards holding a meow. Although she looked pale, she could not stop trying to free herself from the holds of the brutal guards.

“My, my, my. My dear, you know well not to fight my men. Save your energy, Sikhra.”

“Do not call me with that name, Bobeus!”

“Well, looks like someone is in a harsh mood. What has gone wrong, beautiful?”

“What do you want from me, Bobeus? Have I not done enough for you? You promised that I will be free. You promised!”, shouted the meow angrily.

Hearing her yells, the king grinned at her. “The world is never as it seems to be, is it not? How unique it is, the way things changed and evolved? My dear, as long as I am alive, your freedom is mine. That, will never change.”

“Let her go”, ordered the king to the two guards.
“Sit with me, Sikhra”

“I told you to not call me that.”

“But why? What a beautiful name it is. Just like the person who owns it”, said the king softly to her ears. He buried his nose to her neck but she pushed him away.

“My real name is Sanea, you fool!”

“I know, I know”, obliged the king. Then he laughed.

“You have gone mad, silly king.”

“Perhaps, my dear. But I am not as mad as my son. You see, Clan has feelings for your daughter.”

“What are do you mean?”

“Yes, she is quite the meow. Beautiful, just like the mother. Tell me something. Why did you name her Sanea, after your own name? I have always wonder about that.”

“That is none of your concern.”

“Your forgetting something. I own you, Sanea! Anything about you is my concern.”

No comments:

Post a Comment