Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Kenduri style Jawa~~

Hello. =D
I always talk about silly & crappy, so, this time, imma bend the rules a lil bit & talk about something related 2 my keturunan >> Jawa.

 = 2day, Wednesday, July 06, 2011, 4 Syaaban 1432H, is a day that my parents decided 2 do a ‘kenduri tahlil’, at d Masjid (Masjid Darul Iman, Kampung Sri Arjuna). The kenduri is 4 my late grandma, mom’s late younger brother, & few close relatives of ours who have left us 2 meet HIM. I’m actually on a 10 minutes break 4rm helping my mom in the kitchen. After Isya’ tonight, all of us will be at d masjid, insyaALLAH…
....
The info I'm about 2 share is based on my background, Jawa di Kuching, Sarawak. Mungkin a bit lain compared 2 d Jawa in Semenanjung Malaysia. So, I hope I won't offend certain people. hihihihi.. LOL!

**the kenduri follows the Jawa tradition, because I'm a Javanese & I live in a Jawa community. So, we use 'ambeng' style. Some may call it as 'nasi ambeng'. mana2 la, as long as people get the idea of it.

The pictures below, do check it out~~
Ni gambar yg lps aku ambik, but kira sama juga la. Kenduri di masjid, so ambeng kena bwk guna baldi makanan (baskom in Jawa). But 2nite, we're going 2 use talam



Daun pisang mmg essential in ambeng. Lapis guna daun pisang dlu b4 putting d rice.

U see, lauk for ambeng usually consists of nasi, lauk sayur & lauk ayam. Mee goreng (sayur sampingan, can b any noodles) is optional, nak letak or tak, up 2 u. Lauk ayam, paling senang digoreng. But yg famous would be ayam masak ‘ungkep’ (again, Jawa tradition).
Ok, nasi tu kena lapit guna daun dlu, then baru letak sayur, then ayam paling last.





 That lapisan is paling simple & common in my family. After all that, ambeng tu kena tutup with daun pisang lagi. 

Banyak sikit la daun tu, cuz usually org yg hadir kenduri tu, lps doa & semua, akan bahagikan nasi ambeng among masing2. Usually, satu talam nasi ambeng will b shared by 4 people, d most 5. Ikut keadaan jgk. 
(klu yg rajin, 'peyek' slalu dijadikan d last topping tuk nasi ambeng ni..)


Siap! Niat nak share ja ok... If interested in more about it, jgn malu2, just tanya. Kesuwon (Thank u). =D


{{My language, mmm, I mixed both English & Malay. So, 4give me k. Jgn marah k org-kuat BM. Xda niat tuk menyalahguna kedua-dua bahasa}}






2 comments:

  1. OMG!! i Love nasi ambeng!!!! last time i had it with a WHOLE CHICKEN wrapped together!! urrghhhhhhh...niceee!!! (my paternal family half jawa..from muar..huhu) XD

    i really didn't expect that Borneo's Jawa have Nasi Ambeng as well... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..awesome..well..nasi ambeng is like d core fud for jawa peeps..so ol ada la..myb d lauk ja yg lain..yeahh...nice fud~~~yum2..

    ReplyDelete