Friday, October 29, 2010

4: The Hunt



Rushing down from the guarding house, Bobo yelled out to one of his men that came running from another direction towards him.

“What has happened? Is the Arem at harm?”
“No, Sire. But something… something else. Come quick, Sire.”

Following him at the back, both Bobo and Marid looked at each other with questioning eyes. Bobo felt his heart beating fast and a sudden pain waved over him. He felt it in his heart and then, he collapsed.
*

“My Lord, Prince Clan is here.”
King Bobeus nodded and granted the prince’s arrival.

“Come in son.”
“Yes, Father”, answered Prince Clan obediently.
“How was your hunting this morning? Have you managed to capture as many Perunas as you can?”
“It was fruitful, Father.”
Grinning gladly, he added more, “I had my claws on more than 6 Perunas today. Well-built Perunas, all of them.”

“Good. You have improved, my son”, praised the king. He just smiled looking at his prince talking and acting out his hunt in front of him, as if he was trying to prove that the victorious hunt did happen. Still, the king felt proud of him. Any father would be if they were to have such a brave and strong son.

“Alright Clan. I can see how well you did at hunting. Do not flatter yourself too much, my young prince”, the king burst into a sudden laughter when Prince Clan still continued his act-of-hunt with the sharp claws of his paws.

After a while, both of the king and prince sat down on their dining table, enjoying their supper of roasted honey deer. Prince Clan’s sister, Thavine, joined them a little late that night.

“Forgive me, Father. I had few matters to be handled just now”, explained Prince Thavine to the king. She sat near him and quickly, the servants prepared plates and food for her.

“What matters that you might have, Thavine? All you do all day long is be a princess and God knows what more”, complained Prince Clan.

“You are a blind and arrogant fool, my brother. What makes you think you know what I actually do here in this massive palace? Perhaps, having to pride out such baby hunt of yours this morning had blocked out your sense of brain completely”, answered Thavine with such insult to her young brother. 
Clan was about to argue back at her when the king suddenly said, “Enough, the both of you. Have you no manners upon such good food that we have in front of us? My goodness!”

Smiling at her father, Thavine gracefully walked to his chair and curled down. She spoke softly to the king while reaching out to hold his paw.

“My dear Father. I am sorry. But I just hate it when my presence here is not well appreciated. You do know that I do not just stay around and do nothing, don’t you Father?”
“Hmmm… Yes, my child. I do know. I am not as blind as your brother is”, pointing towards Prince Clan, who was obviously taken aback by that statement. 
The king just laughed looking at the expression on Clan’s face. Thavine was also laughing at Clan. The blamed prince forced out a smiling face at them and then continued finishing his meal.

Their supper was then disturbed by Ganka, the king’s loyal assistant and knight.

“Forgive me for the intrusion, My Lord. But there is a matter of high importance that I wish to inform you.”
“Can’t it wait after my supper? Can’t you see I am with my children, Ganka? A time which I do not like to be disturbed of by anything”, said King Bobeus angrily.

“But My Lord, this matter is concerning the sake of your kingdom. It is about the Mercilesste, Your Highness”, answered Ganka firmly. 
Hearing this, the king’s face turned a bit pale. He then quickly asked to be excused from the supper and went away with Ganka. 
Prince Clan only stared at his father. He heard the name mentioned by Ganka before. He overheard a conversation between the king and Prince Thom few weeks ago. The name was brought up. But when he asked the king about it, the king only said it was not Prince Clan’s concern to know such matter. Prince Clan was obviously dissatisfied with the remark given for he knows that he deserves to know all that concerns the kingdom.

In the king’s Crown room, Ganka explained more to his Highness.

“My sources informed me that Bobo of Araw has the help of an Elmish, Sire.”
“Elmish?!”
“Yes, Your Highness. I believed that the Elmish and Bobo are of good acquaintances and they have known each other for long. The Elmish is called Marid. Marid Meon Arqeem.”
King Bobeus became alarmed when he heard Marid’s name.
“Are you certain about this, Ganka?”
“Yes, Your Highness. I would not have disturbed your night if I were not fully certain about it, My Lord.”
“I see.” The only purr that the king managed to utter.
“What are your orders now, My Lord?” asked Ganka.

The king walked closely to the front of his opened window and stared at the night outside his kingdom. There was the sight of the moon. 

Its light shone down on every path on the land. The king just stared at the moon. He was silent for a moment, pondering over the sudden news he had just received. Then he said,

“Prepare my horse for tomorrow. By dawn, we will go to Nawid.”
… 

2 comments:

  1. oohhhh....................!!!

    cant wait!

    p/s: got humour there eh? nice one! thavine and clan!

    ReplyDelete